A thorough review of the best dumbbell rack sets for your home gym. Working out at home has become an increasing trend in the past year. One kind of home workout that is pretty easy and simple to do is working out using dumbbells. Dumbbells are tools that you lift for muscle building and overall strengthening your body. But, due to their size and variant of weights, you may end up with several dumbbell sets. Therefore, it is crucial to have a dumbbell rack to keep your dumbbells organized. This article will cover the best dumbbell rack set for your home gym, types of dumbbell racks, and tips on choosing the right rack.
Working Out With Dumbbells
Working out with dumbbells is very easy yet efficient to do. You can spend a lot of time lifting dumbbells to increase your strength gradually, or you can also use dumbbells for a light workout amid your busy day. Lifting dumbbells helps you build body muscles, strengthen your bones and joints, reduce injury risk, and improve your health.
In the end, you may end up with several dumbbell sets as your strength also increases. Surely, you don’t want those dumbbells to go missing or making others tripped on them, right? You can keep your dumbbells organized and make your home gym a safe place to work out by using the best dumbbell rack set.
The Benefits of Having The Best Dumbbell Rack Set
There are many benefits you can get by having a dumbbell rack for your home gym, some of them are:
- Keeping Things Organized – Making your small and limited home gym space organized. Or, even though you have a big home gym space, having a dumbbell rack will help you make that space safer.
- Saving More Space – For those who don’t have much space for their home gym, a dumbbell rack will help you save more space. You can stack your dumbbells to a vertical or A-frame type of rack so that you can use the rest of the space for more workout areas.
- Improve Workout Efficiency – As your dumbbells have storage space now, you don’t need to spend your time searching for your dumbbells across the room anymore. Instead, you can start your workout right away, giving you more time to improve.
While the benefits themselves are pretty much universal, it turns out that each dumbbell racks have their differences regarding their type, shape, and design.
Types of The Best Dumbbell Rack Set
- Vertical – The vertical type looks pretty much like a tower. This type helps you save more space as you stack the dumbbells up, not to the side. But, keep in mind that the higher part of the rack has only to store the lightest dumbbells. It would be best if you put the weightiest dumbbells on the lower part of the rack.
- Horizontal – The horizontal type looks like a bookshelf or a shoe rack. You get to store the dumbbells to the side, but also, some racks come with a tiered style (usually 3-tier) so you can stack your dumbbells up too.
- A-Frame – The A-Frame type looks like the letter “A”. It is pretty similar to the vertical type racks, except only for its shape.
- Tree racks – The last one is the tree racks type which is a very compact dumbbell rack. The design of the rack itself is pretty small and resembles tree branches, so it is suitable for a light workout. This type can only store lightweight dumbbells, and there is usually not much storage space.
The most popular type for the best dumbbell rack set is the horizontal and A-Frame type.
Tips on Choosing The Best Dumbbell Rack Set
Now that you have decided on buying a dumbbell rack set for your home gym, here are five things to consider before buying:
- Choose the Type – The type of the dumbbell rack depends on how many dumbbell weights you have owned or will own. Also, it sometimes depends on what type of dumbbells you use too (dumbbells, kettlebells, or barbells).
- Storage Capacity – The more storage a dumbbell rack has, the better it is. You may start with a small number of dumbbells at first, but you also need to think of the space for your future dumbbells.
- Rack’s Sturdiness – The sturdiness is related to what kind of material is used for the rack itself. The best material for a dumbbell rack is usually coated steel.
- Safety – This is also an important thing to consider. If the rack is easy to tumble down and harmful to kids or people while working out, what’s the point?
- Price – After all, price does matter. It is also important to choose the right budget that aligns with your workout goals. Is it going to be a consistent and long-term workout? Or do you need a light workout once in a while?
These five things are important to help you in choosing the right dumbbell racks for your home gym. Therefore, the following 5 dumbbell rack sets in this article will be reviewed based on these five points and why they are the best.
Top 5 Best Dumbbell Rack Set for Home Gym
1. Marcy Compact Dumbbell Rack
The first product on the list is an Amazon’s Choice product. Marcy Compact Dumbbell Rack features multiple trays that accommodate different sizes of dumbbells. It is a rack that can withstand a heavy load while resisting damage from intensive use over time. Additionally, this rack has a slim design, so it fits perfectly and saves spaces for your home gym. There is no doubt that this product is the best dumbbell rack set choice for those with a wide catalog of dumbbells.
- Type – This product is a horizontal type rack with a small capability of storing dumbbells vertically on both ends.
- Capacity – The rack is capable of storing up to 400 pounds of dumbbell weights in total.
- Sturdiness – The rack is made out of powder-coated steel, so it is sturdy and scratch-resistant.
- Safety – The design may hurt your fingers if you don’t pick up your dumbbells carefully.
- Price – The product comes at a reasonable price and has good overall product quality.
Model and Specification:
- Model number: DBR-56
- Product dimensions: 27 x 8.5 x 20.5 inches
- Item weight: 14 pounds
- Simple assembly in less than 15 minutes.
- Product durability and sturdiness.
- Perfect for a small home gym.
- Reasonable price.
- Weights need to be evenly spread, so the rack doesn’t crook.
- The size of the rack may seem lacking for some people.
- The rack can only store small size dumbbells.
- Leaving dumbbells on the horizontal bars may leave a good chance for your finger to get pinched.
Customer Reviews: Marcy Compact Dumbbell Rack is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by customers with compliments for its durability and sturdiness, product quality, assembly, and reasonable price.
2. Marcy 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack
Still from a Marcy product, Marcy 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack is also a great choice for those who prefer tiered racks. This rack is equipped with a durable frame that can withstand heavy loads while resisting damage from intensive use over time. The design is ergonomically comfortable to use and has a great load capacity. This product will be the best dumbbell rack set choice for long-term usage.
- Type – The product is a horizontal type rack.
- Capacity – The rack is capable of storing up to 1000 pounds of dumbbell weights in total.
- Sturdiness – The rack is made from powder-coated steel, so it is pretty sturdy.
- Safety – The rack is not easily toppled down and doesn’t pinch your finger when picking up a dumbbell.
- Price – People may find the product quite pricey, but it comes with excellent product quality.
Model and Specification:
- Model number: DBR-86
- Product dimensions: 37 x 24.5 x 32 inches
- Item weight: 54.5 pounds
- Easy assembly in around 15 minutes.
- A wide fitting range for any dumbbells.
- Excellent product quality.
- The product may take up some space as it is a 3-tiered rack.
- Smaller size dumbbells may not sit perfectly on the bars.
Customer Reviews: Marcy 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by customers with compliments for its product quality and sturdiness.
3. CAP Barbell A-Frame Dumbbell Rack
The third product is also an Amazon’s Choice product. CAP Barbell A-Frame Dumbbell Rack is designed to hold up to 5 pairs of cap hex or rubber hex dumbbells ranging from 5 to 25 pounds. As an A-Frame type rack, this product saves more space for your home gym. It is also available in black, blue, green, red, orange, and yellow. This product is the best dumbbell rack set choice for those with a moderate level of workout intensity.
- Type – The product is an A-Frame-type rack.
- Capacity – The rack is capable of storing up to 200 pounds of dumbbell weights in total.
- Sturdiness – The A-Frame rack is a rack with rigid framing so that it will have a high sturdiness regardless of the material used.
- Safety – The product’s rigidness, as explained above, results in a high safety product.
- Price – Some people may find the product quite pricey, but it still gives excellent overall quality.
Model and specification:
- Product dimensions: 27 x 6 x 6 inches
- Item weight: 11 pounds
- A wide variant of colors.
- It is capable of saving space.
- Stable, compact, and sturdy rack structure.
- Easy and quick assembly in about 10-15 minutes.
- Storage capacity may be lacking for some people.
- The products secrete certain smells out of the box.
Customer Reviews: CAP Barbell A-Frame Dumbbell Rack is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by customers with compliments for its compactness and sturdiness, quick assembly, great pricing, and space arrangements.
4. PITHAGE Steel Dumbbell Rack
The next one on the list is PITHAGE Steel Dumbbell Rack. It is a thin, small, and compact dumbbell rack for those who prefer lightweight training. With its design, it can save more space for your home gym while keeping things organized. This product is the best dumbbell rack set choice for those who just getting started or those who prefer a light workout.
- Type – The rack is a compact tree rack type.
- Capacity – It can only hold up to 3 pairs of small dumbbells, up to 132 pounds.
- Sturdiness – The rack is made from heavy steel and finished with a durable black powder coat for long-lasting performance.
- Safety – It is pretty safe as the size is thin and small.
- Price – Very affordable pricing.
Model and Specification:
- Product dimensions: 12.2 x 3.5 x 11.1 inches
- Item weight: 5.34 pounds
- It comes as an already assembled product.
- Great pricing.
- It saves more space.
- It is only suitable for lightweight users.
- Some people may find it a little bit small and not enough storage capacity.
Customer Reviews: PITHAGE Steel Dumbbell Rack is rated 5 out of 5 stars by customers with compliments for its assembly and price. But, the product itself is a new release product, so there are not many reviews given yet.
5. CAP Barbell Dumbbell and Kettlebell Storage Rack
The last one on the list is yet another product from CAP. CAP Barbell Dumbbell and Kettlebell Storage Rack is a multi-function rack where you can put your dumbbells, barbells, and kettlebells in a single rack altogether. Its design is small and compact so that you can save more space for your home gym. This product is the best dumbbell rack set choice for those working out with different types of dumbbells and kettlebells.
- Type – The product is a vertical type rack.
- Capacity – It can hold up to 4 pairs of dumbbells on the side and some kettlebells in the middle. The weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- Sturdiness – The product is made out of solid steel, so it’s pretty durable.
- Safety – Some people may find the rack quite shaky, so it’s prone to tumble down.
- Price – Some people may find the product pricey.
Model and Specification:
- Model number: RK-CB16H
- Product dimensions: 24.8 x 10 x 6 inches
- Item weight: 20.3 pounds
- Multiple-use for dumbbells and kettlebells.
- Easy to assemble in about 20 minutes.
- Suitable for small home gym.
- There is a small chance for the rack to tumble down out of balance.
- Storage capacity may seem lacking for some people.
- The rack only fits smaller size dumbbells.
Customer Reviews: CAP Barbell Dumbbell and Kettlebell Storage Rack are rated 4.3 out of 5 stars by customers with compliments for their versatile functionality, quick assemble, and compactness.
Our Editor’s Choice
Based on the product’s performance and its overall quality, we pick Marcy 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack as our best dumbbell rack set for home gym.
The reasons are:
- Durable and rigid frame for long-term usage.
- Storage capacity up to 1000 pounds of dumbbell weights in total.
- Ergonomically comfortable.
- A wide fitting range for any dumbbells.
- The product price aligns with excellent overall product quality.