Another popular workout equipment among bodybuilder enthusiasts is cable machines. These machines support various workout routines, such as the chest, arms (biceps and triceps), back, shoulders, and even leg workouts. As versatile equipment, you will also need different types of exercise cable machine attachments for each movement. This article will show a shortlist of exercise cable machine attachments to help you make your workout more effective.
What are Exercise Cable Machine Attachments?
Suppose you are not familiar with cable machines yet. In that case, a cable machine is a piece of workout equipment with a pulley system. You will sit or stand on one side of the machine while pulling the weight attached to the other side. But without exercise cable machine attachments, you won’t be able to pull those weights. Thus, these attachments are tools that you need to make your cable machine workout more effective and efficiently.
Types of Exercise Cable Machine Attachments
But with so many workouts you can pull from a cable machine, which type of exercise cable machine attachment is the right one for each training? Here are some of their types and their corresponding workout:
- Rope – This is a very common type and very flexible to the user’s grip. This threaded attachment is very useful for arms and back workouts.
- V Bar – This downward V shape bar is similar to the rope one, except it is more solid and stiff. It is also very useful for biceps and triceps workouts.
- Straight Bar – Also another commonly found in gyms, this bar is very useful for biceps, triceps, and back workouts. The length itself comes in different sizes, but usually for a narrower grip than the long bar.
- Long Bar / LAT Pulldown – This bar is for lat muscle workout, the largest muscle located at your back. It is very suitable for shoulder and back workouts.
- D Handle – This attachment has the shape of the letter “D” and is very useful for chest and back workouts. You usually pull the handle with one hand only.
- Double D Handle – This one is pretty similar to the D handle, but you can use it while seated and on both hands. This attachment is very useful for chest and back workouts.
- Ankle Straps – This is a unique type of attachment where you tie these straps to your ankle for leg workouts. This attachment is very useful to build strength in your lower body, especially your calves and hips.
You can find other types, but these seven types are more than enough for you to perform many exercises on a cable machine.
The following three exercise cable machine attachments on the list are featured because of their:
- Comfortable Material – The suitable material is essential to keep your grip from slipping while working out and help prevent your attachment from corrosion.
- Functionality – The proper cable attachment will let you be able to perform many cable machine exercises.
- Durability – With the suitable material, you can use your attachment for a long time.
- Sizes – The product size is also an important thing to consider to do your exercise more comfortably.
- Reasonable Price – The price must follow an excellent product quality for it to be worth it.
With all of that in mind, let’s get to the list.
Top 3 Exercise Cable Machine Attachments
1. Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment
The first product on the list is an Amazon’s Choice product. Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment is a straight bar designed to support up to 880 lbs. It is made from a heavy-duty steel material with polished chrome finishing to prevent rust and corrosion. The handle itself is designed with a textured grip to avoid slipping while working out. This cable attachment is perfect for improving your arms, back, and shoulders strength.
Model and Specification:
Product Dimensions: 11.61 x 0.98 x 7.01 inches (Straight Bar – Chrome)
Item Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Very sturdy and capable of holding a good amount of weight.
- Comfortable to use.
- Versatile function.
Some people may find the thickness a little bit off.
Need to use lube to prevent squeaky noise.
Customer Reviews: Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment is rated 4.7 out of 5 stars with compliments for its sturdiness, comfortability, and overall product quality.
2. Yes4All Deluxe Tricep Rope Cable Attachment
The second product is also another one from Yes4All. Yes4All Deluxe Tricep Rope Cable Attachment is a nylon braided rope cable attachment that comes in two choices of length, 27” and 36”. The rope is equipped with large plastic blocks on both ends to prevent slipping while working out. This product is available in 4 colors: black, red, red-black, and blue-black.
Model and Specification:
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.75 x 3.5 inches (27 inch – black)
- Item Weight: 2 pounds
- Easy to clean and sanitize.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Mobile usage.
- Some people may find the rope too short.
- Need to be oiled up to provide smooth gliding.
Customer Reviews: Yes4All Deluxe Tricep Rope Cable Attachment is rated 4.8 out of 5 with compliments for its practicality, sturdiness, and overall product quality.
3. DMoose Fitness Ankle Strap
The last one on the list is a best-selling and unique product. DMoose Fitness Ankle Strap is made from a sweat-resistant neoprene material to ensure comfort while you are working out. It is a unisex product and has a wide variant of colors and patterns to choose from. This ankle strap will help you in strengthening your lower body, such as your lower legs, calf, and even glute muscles.
Model and Specification:
- Model Number: Fba_as
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 0.2 inches
- Item Weight: 3.21 ounces
- Very comfortable to the skin.
- Durable and strong velcro straps.
- Soft and light material, yet sturdy and robust.
- Some people may find the padding is not thick enough.
- Some people may find the size is not suitable for their ankle.
Customer Reviews: DMoose Fitness Ankle Strap is rated 4.7 out of 5 stars with compliments for its comfortability and excellent performance.
Our Editor’s Choice
With lots of choices available to choose from, we pick Yes4All LAT Cable Attachment as our most favorite exercise cable machine attachments.
The reasons are:
- It is made from durable material.
- It has a comfortable design so that your grip won’t slip while working out.
- It can support up to 880 lbs.
- You can use it for a wide variant of cable machine exercises.
- Long-term usage.