One of the most overlooked yet effective pieces of equipment that you can incorporate in your workouts is the foam roller. Foam rollers are small and can be easily missed or ignored during your regular workouts as most people are not aware of their benefits. While the truth is that the foam rollers are great for deep tissue massage for your muscles and it breaks down the scar tissue in the muscles and speeds up muscle recovery and repair. Along with the deep tissue massage, foam rollers also work on soft tissue called fascia which is the muscle group that provides supports throughout your entire body. If you do not already use it in your workouts, in this foam rollers reviews we will let you know about all the benefits that accrue from using it and why you need to start using it asap. On top of that, we will give you our top three picks of the best foam rollers available in the market.
Top Health Benefits of Using Foam Rollers
Before we dive into our foam rollers reviews, it is important to understand what their benefits are. It will help you in deciding on whether to incorporate them in your workouts and make your choice amongst our list of the best foam rollers easier. The most widely accepted benefits of the foam rollers are as follows:
- Foam rollers are really effective in relieving tension and stress built up in muscles and can be done pre and post-workout.
- The tension and pressure from a foam roller on muscles lengthen muscle fibers and tensions.
- The use of foam rollers lowers the risk of developing adhesions between muscles.
- The foam roller when used regularly alleviates muscle tightness and soreness and helps in enhanced joint movement and body flexibility. Thereby improving your body flexibility and range of motion.
- Using foam rollers is perfect for post-workout stretching and helps in muscle recovery. It can help with the DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and help in muscle growth.
- It reduces scar tissue thereby minimizing the risk of injury.
- Using a foam roller is very beneficial in improving posture and correcting muscle imbalances. This is beneficial not only in the sense of working out but also in overall life.
- Foam rollers are not only for workouts. They can be used while sitting down and working on a desk and they will help your body relax and stretch during intense work sessions.
Top Three Foam Rollers Reviews
Now that we know about the major benefits of foam rollers, we are sure that you are ready to get yourself a foam roller and can’t wait to start using it. So let us dive right into our foam rollers reviews and give you the best of the best foam rollers available in the market.
1. TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller
The first product on our foam rollers reviews is the TriggerPoint GRID foam roller. It has a patented roller technology that gives it a multi-density exterior with a hollow, rigid inner core.
- It has a patented design that offers a multi-density exterior with a hollow rigid core making it perfect to be rolled over sore muscles and knots in the body.
- It is designed to support up to 500 lbs of weight.
- It is made from completely harmful chemical-free material.
- The patented design separated it from all the other foam rollers.
- The high weight capacity it can withstand.
- It can cause some light bruising if not used properly.
- The foam padding is too soft.
Customer Reviews: Nearly 17000 customers of this product on our foam rollers reviews have given it a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, with only a few facing issues with its foam softness and bruising.
2. LuxFit Foam Roller
The second product on our foam rollers reviews is one of the best foam rollers that is available in the market. It is best suited for deep tissue massage and exercises.
- It is made from molded polypropylene and has a density of 2 lbs per cubic foot.
- It is designed to retain its shape even after heavy usage and is water and other liquid repelling.
- It comes with access to online video instructions on how to use it and also with a limited 10-year warranty.
- It is available in 4 different sizes and multiple different colors.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- It is designed to withstand long and rigorous use.
- The foam is a bit harder than that on other foam rollers.
- The diameter can be too wide for some users.
Customer Reviews: More than 22000 customers of this product on our foam rollers reviews have given it a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, with only a few find it too hard to use.
3. 321 STRONG Foam Roller
The last product on our foam rollers reviews is the 321 STRONG foam roller. It is a pioneer when it comes to treating muscle pain, soreness, physiotherapy, etc.
- It has a lightweight rugged core and three-dimensional massage zones on the surface that mimic the motion of fingers, palms, and thumbs.
- It comes with access to an eBook that can be downloaded online and a hard copy is sent with the roller.
- It has a solid core that is also made up of a type of foam called EPP foam, making it very sturdy and stable to use.
- The three-dimensional massage features are revolutionary.
- The foam roller can be used by anyone from young people to old.
- It is stiffer than other rollers available in the market.
- The bumps and design on it make it comparatively harder to roll.
Customer Reviews: More than 23000 customers of this product on our foam rollers reviews have given it a 4.6 out of 5 stars. The only issue being the stiffness of the roller in the case of some of the users.
Our Editor’s Pick
While all the three products mentioned on our list are top-notch, our editors have chosen the following product as the best amongst them. LuxFit Foam Roller
The factors that make it the best amongst the three rollers in our foam rollers reviews are:
- It is available in different sizes and colors.
- The price range is very lucrative and affordable.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- It is designed to withstand heavy use.