Biking is one of the oldest and effective modes of workout and exercising since time immemorial. It has come a long way from being a way of commute to becoming a part of every fitness regime, gym, fitness center, etc. a lot of people turn to bikes when it comes to maintaining their fitness, managing their weight, and performing cardiovascular workouts. With the outdoors being restricted over the past year or more and gyms and fitness centers becoming inaccessible to a lot of people worldwide. A lot of people are looking to buy an exercise bike for themselves and add it to their home gyms and workouts. Apart from the pandemic, having an exercise bike at home comes in handy when it comes to churning out a quick workout at any time of the day. Normal exercise bikes can be a bit hefty and occupy a lot of space which many people might not have. Thus they seek a small and foldable exercise bike. Today, we bring to you the best folding exercise bikes reviews to help you decide on which of these bikes is the best for you.
Benefits of Using an Exercise Bike
Before diving into our folding exercise bikes reviews, let us go over the benefits of using an exercise bike. Although many of the benefits are known commonly, there are few other benefits that will make you sure about incorporating a bike into your workouts. The most widely accepted and well-known benefits of biking are:
- Improve Cardiovascular Health: Biking is one of the best cardiovascular exercises with a very little negative impact on joints and bones when compared to running and other cardiovascular exercises. It strengthens your heart, lungs, and muscles.
- Help in Weight Loss: Along with being a great cardiovascular workout, biking will help you lose the extra weight that you’ve been wanting to all this time. Biking in combination with a calorific deficit is very efficient in weight loss. Biking at high intensity is known to burn around 500 plus calories in an hour.
- Low-Impact Workout: Biking is one of the best low-impact workouts without any negative impact on the knees and joints, unlike in running.
- Builds Lower Body Muscles and Legs: Biking is a sure-shot way of strengthening your lower body muscles and legs which will come in handy when performing everyday tasks and improve quality of life over time.
- Improve Posture and Strengthen Core Muscles: Over the course of use, biking has proven to improve your posture and work the core muscles which will help you in your everyday life and also help you work out other muscle groups more efficiently.
- Can be Used for Steady-State or HIIT Workouts: Biking can be used to perform any type of workout you wish to perform, be it steady-state or HIIT depending on your choice or comfort levels.
Top Three Folding Exercise Bikes Reviews
Now that we have understood the advantages of using a bike for working out, it is time to dive into our folding exercise bikes reviews. All the products in our list are the best that are available in the market and will make a perfect addition to your home gyms, all the while taking up minimum space to store.
1. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
The first product on our folding exercise bikes reviews is the XTERRA Fitness FB150. It is one of the bikes with the lowest footprint and will make it a great addition to your home gyms.
- It has an X-frame folding design for easy storage after use.
- It has 8 different resistance levels.
- It is equipped with an LCD display to track calories, distance, time, speed, pulse, etc.
- Anti-slip pedals with flywheel technology that allows for smooth and noise-free usage.
- An adjustable cushioned seat makes it fit to use for anyone between 4’10” to 5’10” and can withstand 225lbs of weight.
- The machine only weighs 32lbs and is easy to move around with wheels attached to it.
- The resistance levels offered are very effective.
- It can only support 225lbs weight.
- People taller than 5’10” can’t use it effectively.
Customer Reviews: More than 1400 customers of this product in our folding exercise bikes reviews have given it a rating of 4.6 out of 5 and the only issue is the inability to be used by taller individuals.
2. ADVENOR Exercise Bike
The second product on our folding exercise bikes reviews is the ADVENOR exercise bike. It uses a magnetic resistance system and has 8 different resistance levels.
- It uses magnetic resistance with 8 different resistance levels.
- It has large non-slip pedals and back support for comfortable workouts.
- It can withstand 300lbs of weight.
- It has a digital display that helps you monitor speed, calories, pulse, distance, time, etc.
- Can be used by anyone from 5’3” to 6’1”.
- It has a higher weight capacity of 300lbs.
- It comes with 12 months warranty on parts.
- The bike is difficult to mount for shorter people.
- The machine’s digital display can be dodgy.
Customer Reviews: More than 3000 customers of this product on our folding exercise bikes reviews have given it 4.5 out of 5 stars. The only issue some users have faced is while mounting and unmounting if they are shorter.
3. BCAN Folding Exercise Bike
The last product on our folding exercise bikes reviews is the BCAN folding exercise bike. It is made up of silicone and can withstand 330lbs.
- It has a triangle structure making it more stable and sturdy to use.
- The machine has a high-quality magnetic drive with 8 resistance levels.
- The LCD displays pulse, calories, distance, speed, odometer, time.
- Can be used by anyone between 4’9” to 6’1” in height.
The silicone frame makes it very lightweight.
It has a very small footprint of 0.19 square meters.
- The price is higher than the other products on the list.
- The bike makes slight knocking noises during use.
Customer Reviews: More than 1000 customers of this product on our folding exercise bikes reviews have given it 4.5 out of 5 stars, with only a few users complaining about the knocking sounds while using.
Our Editor’s Selected The Best Folding Exercise Bikes
While all the products mentioned in our list are the best out there, our editors have picked the following machine as the best amongst them. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike.
The following features make it the best amongst our folding exercise bikes reviews:
- The price is very affordable and lucrative.
- The machine is very lightweight yet stable and sturdy.
- It is almost noiseless during use.
- It is very easy to assemble and use.