Fitness and getting in shape is a lifestyle choice that is fulfilling and endearing for the ones that commit to it wholeheartedly. While embarking on your fitness journey, the biggest and the most important decision to make is the choice of the workout regimen to follow. You are spoilt for choices that include anything from weight training to endurance training, and cardiovascular exercises. There are many workouts and pieces of equipment that are a combination of all these and more. The most useful amongst these types of equipment are the Rowers. And today we will bring you the best Rowers Reviews that are available in the market.
Before starting our rowers reviews, it is important that we learn a little about them and the benefits that they can add to your workout and aid you in your fitness journey.
What is a Rower?
Rowers or rowing machines are a piece of equipment in the gyms and fitness centers that are designed to mimic the motion of rowing a boat. They have very recently started getting their due in the past few years after being relegated to gather dust in the corners for a long time before that. It’s only recently that people have started to recognize the benefits that it brings to a workout. They have become very prominent in all the workouts regimes across gyms and fitness centers and many users are swapping rowers for treadmills and ellipticals. This is because of the benefits that occur from using the rower.
It is a scientifically proven fact that rowers or ergometers as they are scientifically called, use up to 86 percent of the muscles in the body. This emphasizes the importance of rowers when it comes to a full-body workout. Some other health and fitness benefits of the rowers are listed below.
Benefits of a Rower
In this part of our rowers reviews, we will go through the list of benefits that arrive from using a rower. So strap yourself in to be enchanted by them and add a rower to your fitness regimen.
- Offer a Full-Body Workout – As stated above and showcased in scientific studies, rowers use up to 86 percent of the body muscles. Not many single pieces of equipment come close to this level of utility. Using a rower activates the muscles in the legs, chest, back, core, arms, etc. On top of this, the rower is a combination of both, a cardiovascular workout and strength training. Meaning you can strengthen your heart while working on building and gaining muscles at the same time.
- Low Impact High-Intensity Workout – A rowing machine is a perfect way of having a low-impact, high-intensity workout. Meaning that you can attain the highest standards of results from your workouts on a rower while having a minimal negative impact on your muscles, joints and, body as a whole. Rowers do not impact your knees and ankles like running on a treadmill for long durations can and yet they produce similar or even better results.
- Increased Frequency of Training – One of the major banes of working out is the delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS as it is popularly called in the fitness world. Many newcomers find it very tough to deal with. Using a rower can help with reduced levels of DOMS and help you get into a rhythm of working out that is sustainable in the long run until you graduate to heavier workouts while also keeping rowers as a part of the fitness regimen.
- Corrects Posture – Using a rower in the correct form will have a very positive impact on your posture. It will help strengthen your core muscles and also give strength to your back and chest muscles which will drastically improve your posture over the course of time.
- Versatility – Working out on a rower can help you integrate either of the types of workouts, HIIT or LISS. For those that are unaware of what these are, HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training, and LISS stands for Low Impact Steady State. Rowers, like treadmills, can be used to perform any of these types of training depending upon your comfort and fitness levels.
- Personalization – Rowers are designed to fit your fitness levels and goals and you have the ability to personalize what levels of intensity you want to work out at. In this aspect, they are a lot like treadmills, elliptical, cycles, etc. while having a lower impact on your joints, etc.
- Faster Results Without Spending too Much Time – The best thing about using a rower is that at times we all can have a shortage of time during our busy schedules where we can not find the time to workout. Rowers can take care of this issue by simply working out on the machine for 15-20 minutes a day to produce spectacular results.
- Improved Mind-Body Connection – Rowing involves a whole range of movements that can help you improve your mind-muscle connections which is very important when it comes to making your workouts efficient and productive.
- Improves Mental Health – Rowing like all the other forms of exercises and workouts releases endorphins, the happy hormone, that helps in reducing stress levels in the body and thereby improving mental health.
- Easy to Use – The rower is one piece of equipment used for exercises that do not require a spotter or assistance. It can be used by anyone at any stage of their fitness journey and expertise in the field. It is perfect for beginners as well as the experts who wish to integrate a low-impact high-intensity workout into their regimen.
All the above-mentioned benefits and some that have not been listed, have made a rower a perfect addition to any fitness routine. And with the pandemic forcing people inside, rowers have become an essential piece of fitness equipment to have in your home gym setups. Now that we have covered the benefits of using a rower, the next part of our rowers reviews focuses on the features that make a rower perfect to be included in your home gym setups.
Features to Consider in a Rower
Before splurging money on a rower, it is important to know what features to consider before making your decision. Some of the most important features that will help you make you decide what the best rower for you is are:
- Noise – The very first thing to consider in a rower is the noise levels it gives out while being used. Since it is to be used in home settings, apartments, the lower the noise level, the better it would be.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – Like all other pieces of equipment, the rower also requires regular maintenance and upkeep, and on top of that, having it in the home gyms would make the storage space it requires a big consideration buying.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It is imperative that the seating and foot straps in your choice of the rower are comfortable and easy to use. Otherwise, it would defeat the entire purpose of getting a rower.
- Resistance Levels Offered – Different rowers offer different levels of resistance in order to build up your strength and adjust the intensity of your workouts.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – Like most modern-day fitness equipment, modern-day rowers come with display options that can be used to track your workout. On top of that, many rowers come with additional features such as pre-programmed workouts, etc.
- Pricing – The last but one of the most important considerations is the cost of the rower.
With all things covered, from what a rower is to its benefits and the features to consider before buying it. Let us now dive straight into our rowers reviews where we bring you the best rowers available in the market.
1. ZHCCCJBOY Rowing Machine Hydraulic Rowing Machine
We begin our rowers reviews with one of the best products in the segment that is available in the market. It is a hydraulic rowing machine that is perfect for any home setup. The next step is to run it through our list of considerations:-
- Noise – The machine is built from steel and has 8 smooth steel bearings that make it sturdier and quieter to use.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – The hydraulic mechanism of the machine requires very low levels of maintenance. And the design is such that it doesn’t require a big area to store.
- Seating and Foot Straps – The ergonomic design and the cushion conform to the human body, making it comfortable. While the foot straps and pedals are slip-resistant.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The machine has 12 different levels of resistance to choose from.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – It can track total strokes, strokes per minute, calories burnt, time, and distance on display.
- Pricing – One of the cheapest and most economical machines in the market.
- The pricing is very economical for the features it offers.
- The aluminum sliders make it a very quiet machine.
- It is not foldable once assembled and hence would take up some space.
- The handlebars can be unstable at high resistance levels.
Customer Reviews: Customers of this product on our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, with the only minor issue being the machines working at the high resistance levels for some of the users.
2. MBB Foldable & Adjustable Rowing Machine
The next machine on our rowers reviews is one of the simpler ones that does not come with the modern-day attachments of a rower, and rather it is designed to support a holistic full-body workout. Looking at the features of the machine that we need to consider before buying it:
- Noise – The machine is designed to use resistance bands to mimic the rowing motions, and thus it is completely noiseless.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – Requires minimal upkeep and is light enough to be moved around and stored anywhere in the house.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It has a comfortable rubber seat and also has foam-coated foot supports for working out while leaning back.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The machine uses resistance bands only and has just one resistance level.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – It has no display options available.
- Pricing – Due to its simplicity, it is priced reasonably fairly.
- Offers a complete full-body workout.
- The pricing is very attractive for everyone.
- No resistance levels can be adjusted.
- The fitness and workouts can’t be tracked.
Customer Reviews: Customers of this product on our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. The only complaints some have had are the lack of resistance levels and display options.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Elastic Cord Rowing Machine – SF-RW5606
The third rower on our list of rowers reviews is the Sunny Health & Fitness rowing machine. It is one of the easier to use and pretty simplistic machines that is built to help you perform the exercises with minimal impact on your knees and ankles.
- Noise – The elastic cord system in the machine ensures that the workouts are noiseless.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – The machine has a very small footprint and can be stored in any corner of the house after working out.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It has anti-slip pedals and an oversized contoured seat that brings you maximum comfort while working out.
- Resistance Levels Offered – It offers 4 different resistance levels for all levels of exercise.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – It has a digital monitor that displays time, count, total count, calories burned, count per minute, and scan to keep you focused on your goals.
- Pricing – It is one of the moderately priced additions to your home gyms.
- The elastic cord system is easy to use and is very smooth.
- The seating and pedals are designed to be fairly comfortable.
- It only offers 4 resistance levels.
- It only supports a maximum weight of 220lbs.
Customer Reviews: More than 1100 customers of this machine in our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars. The only issue some users have faced is the low levels of resistance.
4. ECHANFIT Rowing Machine Indoor Rower
The fourth machine on our rowers reviews is perfect for indoor gyms and home setups. It comes with built-in floor stabilizers that make your workouts safe and secure.
- Noise – The machine works on a magnetic resistance system that gives off almost zero noise while it is being used.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – It has a very small footprint and can be stored anywhere in the house with ease.
- Seating and Foot Straps – The machine comes with a contoured seat that is comfortable, and the foot pedals and straps are adjustable and anti-slip.
- Resistance Levels Offered – There are 16 different resistance levels available. Making it a perfect machine.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – LCD display keeps track of your time, count, total count, estimated calories burned.
- Pricing – The machine is a value for money for the benefits it brings to the users.
- The 16 different resistance levels are next to none.
- The adjustable paddles are a plus.
- The foot straps that come with the machine are not that good.
- The machine is priced at a bit higher level.
Customer Reviews: Customers of this machine on our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. With many complementing its ease of assemble, and the only issue is its pedals that might not be up to the mark.
5. XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower
This rower on our rowers reviews list is one of our favorites. It is a foldable rower that can be stored or transported easily. And comes with a magnetic resistance that is built to give you friction-free, sound-proof, and smooth workouts.
- Noise – The magnetic resistance is designed to give you noise-free workouts and is smooth to operate.
- Ease of maintenance and storage – It is one of the best qualities of this machine. It can be folded up and stored easily when not in use and is designed to require minimal maintenance.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It has large contoured seating and adjustable foot pedals.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The machine comes in 8 different resistance levels.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – It has an LCD display that allows you to monitor your elapsed time, stroke count, calories burnt, total count, and scan during workouts.
- Pricing – It is one of the most economically priced options that are available.
- It is foldable and can be stored anywhere.
- The machine requires minimal maintenance.
- The machine only offers 8 levels of resistance.
- It is not designed for heavy workouts.
Customer Reviews: Nearly 400 customers of this product on our rowers reviews list have given it a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. The only complaint that some users have had is the low levels of resistance the machine offers.
6. SereneLife Rowing Machine
Next on our rowers reviews, we enter the premium quality of rowers that are available in the market. The SereneLife rower is designed to fit perfectly into any home or professional gym set-ups and revolutionize your workouts.
- Noise – The machine has air and magnetic resistance, which ensures that the workouts are free from excessive sounds and noises.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – It is foldable to an extent and can be stored easily after use. The machine requires minimal maintenance and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It has a cushioned seating and pedal-style footrests that make it very easy to use.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The machine offers 8 different levels of resistance.
- Display options and workout tracking options – the machine is equipped with an LCD display to monitor your elapsed time, strides, calories burnt, distance, RPM, etc.
- Pricing – It is one of the rowers that is on the high end but is worth every penny.
- It is foldable, sturdy, and easy to use.
- Air and magnetic resistance make it very smooth to use.
- The display screen is not up to the mark.
- The machine has only 8 resistance levels.
Customer Reviews: More than 150 customers of this machine on our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, with the display being the only issue being faced by some of the users.
7. ISE SY-1750 SY-1750 Magnetic Rowing Machine
This rower on our rowers reviews is one of our favorites and the benefits it brings to the users are manifold. Although the pricing can be a bit on the higher side, it is worth the purchase looking at the utility and functions of the machine.
- Noise – The machine has a magnetic brake and resistance system that ensures a nouse-free workout.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – The rower is pretty easy to maintain and can be folded when not in use or when it is needed to be transported.
- Seating and Foot Straps – It comes with a contoured saddle-shaped seat that makes the workouts very comfortable. The foot pedals are equipped with velcro straps for additional safety.
- Resistance Levels Offered – 8 different resistance levels for all intensity of workouts.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – The rower is equipped with a LCD displays that lets you monitor your workout time, strokes per minute, total strokes, strokes per workout, and calories burnt.
- Pricing – One of the premium products but with a premium feel and use to it.
- It is very easy to store and move around.
- For an extra payment, you can get expert assembly as well.
- Only 8 different resistance levels.
- Can be a bit tough to assemble for some people.
Customer Reviews: Nearly 700 customers of this rower on our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 4.3 out of 5, indicating near-universal approval. Only a handful of users have face issues while assembling the rower.
8. SNODE Water Rowing Machine
The next product on our rowers reviews is one of the best that is available in the market. Although the price is a bit on the higher side, using it will give you the premium feel and also make the workouts all the more satisfying and fulfilling. It is designed to mimic the actual rower to the maximum extent.
- Noise – It uses a water resistance system that can be altered to fit your requirements perfectly and yet not give off extra sounds that might make the workouts uncomfortable.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – The machine has a very low footprint and comes in with built-in wheels to move it around.
- Seating and Foot Straps – Ergonomically designed seat and adjustable foot pedals.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The resistance levels can be changed by changing the amount of water in the machine. It mimics the motion of a rower in the water perfectly.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – It has a large LCD that displays your rowing intensity with respect to time, speed, calories burnt, distance covered, and heart rate with quick start and stop buttons.
- Pricing – Price on the higher side, it also comes with additional features such as BlueTooth connectivity and free App.
- The machine mimics the actual rower in the water perfectly.
- Bluetooth connectivity and free app.
- The price is a bit on the high side even with the features on offer.
- The display is not up to the mark and can be better.
Customer Reviews: Customers of this rower in our rowers reviews have given it 4.6 out of 5 stars and only a handful of them have issues with the display.
9. Runow Water Rowing Machine
Another machine that uses water resistance has made it to our list of the best rowers reviews. It is one of the best products of its type and is made of oak wood, unlike the other rowers on this list.
- Noise – The water resistance design is best suited to mimic the feel of an actual rower and is designed to give off minimal sounds and noises.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – It can be easily folded and stored in any corner of the house of gym setups.
- Seating and Foot Straps – Ergonomically designed seating and adjustable foot pedals make it very comfortable to use.
- Resistance Levels Offered – The resistance levels can be adjusted by changing the amount of water in the machine.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – The display has the ability to track time, calories burnt, distance covered, and total times during your workouts.
- Pricing – It is made of premium quality oak and so is the price of this product on the premium side.
- The oak framework and water resistance make it very smooth to use.
- It can be stored and moved around easily.
- The pricing is not fit for everyone and there are cheaper options available.
- The water container might leak if the rower is made to stand upright.
Customer Reviews: This rower on our list of rowers reviews has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 and most of the users have been more than satisfied with the results. The only issue faced by some users is leakage from the tank when made to stand upright.
10. V-fit Tornado Air Rower
The last product on our rowers reviews is one of the most efficient and elegantly designed rowers that has a very low footprint and can be stored and moved around easily. It has an air fan resistance system.
- Noise – The air fan resistance system has a chain drive that can produce sounds that are a bit higher than the water and magnetic resistance.
- Ease of Maintenance and Storage – It can be easily folded and moved around with the help of the built-in wheels and requires minimal maintenance.
- Seating and Foot Straps – Ergonomically designed seating and velcro-equipped foot pedals make the workouts safe and secure.
- Resistance Levels Offered – Not clearly defined, but the resistance levels can be varied to 6-7 levels.
- Display Options and Workout Tracking Options – 3 screens that show calories burnt, distance, speed, stroke counter, stroke rate, and time modes.
- Pricing – It is one of the costliest products that are available in the market.
- The ease to store this rower is next to none.
- The machine is very sturdy and safe to use.
- The price is a bit on the higher end.
- The product has no clearly distinct resistance levels.
Customer Reviews: Nearly 700+ customers of this machine from our rowers reviews have given it a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Although the pricing can be a bit of a deterrent, it has proven to be a worthy addition to any home or gym setup.
Our Editor’s Pick
After clear deliberation and looking at the utility and all the functions of the rower, and keeping the negatives in mind, our editors pick for the best rower amongst our rowers reviews is the: ISE SY-1750 SY-1750 Magnetic Rowing Machine
- It has been chosen as the best amongst the best from our rowers reviews because:-
- It is very ergonomically designed and makes the workouts very comfortable and stable.
- The multiple resistance levels that it offers.
- Complete body workouts without unnecessary sounds and noises.
- The ease of storage and maintenance is pretty high for this rower.
- The pricing is very lucrative and is affordable for the majority of the users.